Access statement: Rose Cottage
Please use this information in conjunction with your cottage details provided. We welcome all those who wish to stay here at Rose Cottage. We are working to create equal opportunities for everyone to enjoy our facilities.
• Public bus and rail service.
• Taxi transport can be arranged from Rail or Bus station if prior notice given.
• Car parking either Multi storey at Sainsburys @ £2 for 24 hours on top 2 floors. Lift currently being installed.
Alternative car parking approx 30 yards from hotel at Rectory car park. 24 May – 15 Sept @
£3.00 x 4 hours, @ £7.00 x 24 hours, and @ £40 for 7 consecutive days x 24 hours. Other increments offered in-between. Charges less out of peak season.
• Assistance available.
• Porterage Service for luggage.
• 2-storey property.
• Assistance in settling in available.
• 3 steps from pavement to front entrance (82cm wide). 3rd step is metal door seal 5cm high.
• Lounge level with entrance hall. Dining room one step down (approx 8cm high) from lounge.
• Kitchen access 63 cm wide, level with dining room. ‘Lever’ handled taps in kitchen for ease of control.
• Level access to enclosed rear courtyard from dining room (73cm wide).
• 6 cm step from kitchen to courtyard.
• Main Bathroom located on ground floor. Shower located over bath 58cm step over bath rim, toilet also located here.
• There is no lift.
• Master bedroom (entrance 76cm wide), twin bedroom (60cm wide) and bunkbed (entrance
75cm wide) room 1st floor from entrance up 17 stairs (90cm wide and approx 8cm high).
• Entrance to shared upstairs toilet 60cm wide.
• Good colour contrast to floor, walls and doorways.
• Spacious Lounge with ample natural lighting. Task lighting can be provided on request.
• Well-lit stairs and hallway.
• Staff trained in disability awareness (under ‘Welcome Host’).
• Task lighting on request.
• Remote controlled large flat screen TV in lounge and remote controlled flat screen TV in
• Free Wi Fi
•Orange mobile phone network available – other coverage negligible.
• No pets allowed.
• Smoking not permitted.
• ‘Paddle handle’ taps for ease of turning.
Access Statement: Gumfreston Hotel
Number of Floors:
Support for the Mobility Impaired
We welcome all those who wish to stay here at the Gumfreston Hotel. We are working to create equal opportunities for everyone to enjoy our facilities.- Taxi transport can be arranged from Rail or Bus station if prior notice given. – Parking is either located on road if spaces are available or in the Rectory Car Park at the rear of the cottage, or on the top two floors of the nearby multi storey @£2 for 24 hours, – Rectory Car Park Charges – 24 May – 15 September: 4 hrs £3.00, 10hrs£5.00, 24hrd £7.00, 48hrs £13.00, 72hrs £19.00, 5 consecutive days x10 hours per day £20.00, 7 consecutive days x 24 hrs a day £40.00. Rates are lower out of season.
Support for the Visually Impaired
– Assistance in settling in available. – Rooms clearly signed with raised numbers. – Good colour contrast to floor, walls and doorways. – Spacious Lounge with ample natural lighting. Task lighting can be provided on request. – Well lit stairs and hallways. – Waitress service. – Staff trained in disability awareness (under ‘Welcome Host’). – Accessible information: Menus available in large print. – Special diets catered for – if advised in advance. – Most rooms have cordless kettles. – Task lighting on request. – Remote controlled large screen TV in lounge and remote controlled TV’s in bedrooms. – No toilet available in public areas. – Orange mobile phone network available – other coverage negligible.
Fire escape access: Hotel: Fire escape access from landing close to room 1 and linking room 9: 70 cm wide access and 30cm step up from room 1 side, 66cm wide clearance and 40 cm step down into room 9. Fire escape access from basement: 73cm wide access up 1 step narrowing to 61cm wide at 2nd door. 12 steps up to 3rd door offering 70cm wide access.Cottage: 2 storey property There is a 2 inch step from the pavement to the threshold of the property and then a 2 inch step over the front door into the house. The lounge has 1 step down to the dining room. There is 1 flight of stairs in the property. There is no lift. The property is well-lit and is centrally heated. There is a bath/showerover and toilet facilities on the ground floor. There is no step up to the bath. The ground floor kitchen has worktops with low-level Range style cooker/gas hob/electric oven. There are standard width stairs (and riser approximately 7 inches) leading to the first floor.
Check-in: 2:00 PM till 5:00 PM
Early check-in available on request.
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Late check-out available on request
Children Policy: Children over 5 welcome